Smart Home Manager
What is Smart Home Manager?
Smart Home Manager is a free app for AT&T customers which helps manage their home internet. It lets you do things like find your Wi-Fi password, change your Wi-Fi network name, check the number of devices currently connected to your network, set parental controls, and even look for solutions to common technical issues.
Is the app free?
What does Smart Home Manager do?
Smart Home Manager doesn’t directly control smart home devices such as smart plugs or lights, but it does enable AT&T customers to control certain aspects of their home Wifi including features such as:
- Parental controls to manage user access & screen time
- Track each device’s data usage
- Virtual assistant
- Invite guests to your Wifi network via email or text
- See your internet service status
- Find weak Wi-Fi spots in your home
- Utilise speed tests to check your network performance
- Get recommendations for changes you can make to optimise your home network
How do I access Smart Home Manager?
To access SHM, download the app from the App store or Google Play, or visit https://www.att.com/shm/ and sign in with your AT&T User ID and password.
How do I identify an unknown device?
Within the app, select ‘Network’ at the bottom and click ‘Connected devices’. This will list all of the devices connected to your Wifi network, along with their data usage. Select a device for more details. Here you can personalise and manage features for a specific connected device. Select the 3 dots at the top right of the screen and you can edit the name of the device, add it to a Profile, run a security scan, or block the device if you do not recognise it, or want it connected to your network. You can even prioritise devices if you want them to have faster connection speeds than other devices.
Change your Wifi password via the app:
Your AT&T Wi-Fi gateway will come with a default Wi-Fi network name and password, but ou can change either one via the Smart Home Manager app:
- Sign in to Smart Home Manager
- Scroll to the My Wi-Fi card and choose Change next to the name or password
- Select X to clear existing info, then enter a new name or password
- Select Save
- Reconnect your devices with the updated network info